Business parks are unpromising territory for good architecture, but there are a few exceptions. Since Ian Ritchie’s early building on this site (Northbrook House, 1997) received some acclaim, some other distinctive buildings have been added to the development. The high quality landscaping contributes greatly to a spacious and pleasing working environment.
Notable examples are a building by Nicholas Hare:
- Hinshelwood Building (2001), office and laboratory space
- The Sadler Building, an amenities building
- Winchester and Fletcher House, a high tech office building
And two by ADP:
- Magdalen Centre North, an amenities building
- The Medawar Centre, office buildings
(Danby and Sherard Buildings – details awaited)
Awards: OPT Award 2003 (for landscape design, and Danby and Sherard Buildings).