Oxford has a large independent school sector, which continues to invest in high quality new buildings. Some of the best architectural examples have been selected here:
- Martyr’s Pavilion – a sports pavilion (John Pawson, 2009, OPT Award 2010)
- Jubilee House – a boarding house (TSH Architects, 2013)
- St Edward’s also developed the North Wall Arts Centre (Haworth Tompkins, 2008), which is listed with cultural buildings.
- Pamela Morris Building – science teaching block (BGS, 2014, OPT Award 2015)
- New quad including an art studio, warden’s accommodation and 60-bed student accommodation (Hodder + Partners, 2015, Manchester Architects Awards Building of the Year 2016, OPT Award 2016)
- Isis Building (Oxford Campus Phase 3) (West Waddy ADP, 2014)
In addition, mention should be made of New College School (multipurpose hall by TSH, 2007, OPT Award 2009); Headington School (theatre by the Falconer Partnership, 2002, OPT Award 2003; and music school by Morse Webb, 2009); and Magdalen College School (sixth form centre by TSH, under development).