Lincoln College – Berrow Foundation Building

Refurbishment of the former Garden Building (Read & MacDonald 1906) and addition of a new extension (Stanton Williams 2015)

Lincoln College Garden BuildingThe old and new buildings together provide dining and kitchen facilities, a middle common room and multi-functional spaces, with music practice rooms in a new basement. The extension employs complementary materials externally and internally, introducing more light and views of the adjacent chapel. Restored oak panelling in the first floor Oakshott Room is matched by oak veneered panels lining the extension, into which it opens, and the whole effect is reinforced by a suite of specially commissioned oak tables and chairs by Luke Hughes.

Turl Street, Oxford OX1 3DR

West elevation © Stanton Williams